Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Cheri Cheri Lady, Asia

I heard "Cheri Cheri Lady" in a taxi in Kabul and then in a disco in the Gobi desert and now in the hills of Vietnam I am listening to their first hit "You're my heart, you're my soul". Modern Talking was the singing sensation that swept through Germany like a tornado in the eighties. I think they predated the Hassselhoff phenomenon in der Heimat.

Dieter Bohlen went on to a somewhat successful solo career but he was nothing without Thomas Anders. He was rendered unconscious when he got his wiener caught between the toilet seat and the bowl in the late eighties. That's the last I heard of him. They have a good fan site. It seems that Herr Bohlen was the victim of an armed robbery just recently. Two ski-mask wearing criminals forced their way into his house and robbed the poor man of 60,000 Euros, jewellery and then took him to an ATM to drain his account.

If you want to see this German singing sensation in action click on Jeronimo's Cadillac or a live performance on German television of my favorite song Cheri Cheri Lady. They are now playing it at the hotel. I'm in heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home