Friday, April 07, 2006

Udaipur's Octopussy



They won't let you forget that Octopussy was filmed here. Never. It plays at every hotel bar at night. It seems to be the only DVD they have readily available in the English language around here. "Last year you could walk to the Lake Palace" the waiter told me as I was staring at the TV. He seemed bored, so he joined me in watching the 007 film. I'm sure he's seen it 300 times already. Last year there was a draught. Mom was sleeping downstairs under a windy fan while I snuck out to watch a movie in the restaurant upstairs.

Earlier in the day my mom had a palm read by a shopkeeper (I know, I'll rant about that decision some other time). The 'palm reader' had incredible psychic powers. Apparently my mother had TWO children and an affair....Mmmh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Communist Haberdasher said...

Has your mom found you a suitable husband yet?

Fri Apr 07, 09:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home