Saturday, March 25, 2006

Jodhpur Sun City



It's better known as the blue city as many of the houses are painted blue. Originally the Brahmins, the top caste, were the only ones to paint their homes blue but the tradition has been picked up by other caste members as well over the years. The red stone hills of the region remind me of images of Arizona. We drove here with Max from Jaisalmer. I'm tired. Will go to watch a movie at the swank hotel Max is staying at tonight. He's invited me for a picnic in his room to watch an HBO film of sorts. I don't what it is but I'm looking forward to just sitting back. I suppose I will have to wake the family at my own guesthouse after the movie....

What an uninspiring post.

The beautiful elephants of India. I thought I should include an image of these magnificent creatures. They roam the streets brightly decorated by their keepers.

Pal Haveli

This would be the hotel Max is staying at. It's called Pal Haveli (palhaveli.com).

-----

We watched Ray on HBO. A very good film and quite fitting because we listened to Ray Charles on the way over to Jodphur in the car. Afterward we went up to the roof (see the Pal Haveli rooftop picture above) and had chai at midnight. The wind had kicked up sand and dust and covered the city and fort. It was super romantic. The city looked like it was covered in fog. Witnessed another dog fight on my way back to my more humble accommodations in the middle of the night. It's kinda scary but I tried to remind myself not to stop and stare but to walk by as quickly as possible. I kept thinking "I can't die in a dog fight. Lulu would laugh her ass off at my funeral."

2 Comments:

Blogger Communist Haberdasher said...

I really would laugh my ass off if you died in a dog fight. That and maybe if you got syphilis.

Wed Mar 29, 08:15:00 AM  
Blogger LOTC said...

I personally prefer clamidia. It sounds prettier. :)

Fri Mar 31, 04:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home