Monday, March 27, 2006

Mummy Dearest

Tonight my mother arrives in Delhi. We mummy proofed the apartment today which involved drinking a whole bottle of wine. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I wonder what her reaction will be to India. I'm a bit apprehensive about her visit only because I think there will be a lot for her to take in. India is an incredibly beautiful country with wonderfully, warm people but there are also other aspects to this nation. I don't know how my mom will react to seeing a line of people going to the bathroom along the train tracks or the cow dung on the streets or kids begging or the shanty towns. We spoke briefly last week and I told her life here is different. She told me that life in Afghanistan is quite something in itself and once I see the poverty there I won't quickly forget it. That made me feel better. She's seen more than I have and I need to remind myself of that sometimes. This is the woman who experienced Afghanistan under Taliban rule.

2 Comments:

Blogger Communist Haberdasher said...

Did you hide all the prophylactics? Or did you just use them all already?

;)

Mon Mar 27, 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Scott Bradley said...

She used them with that danish dude and the dalai lama.

Mon Mar 27, 07:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home