Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Goodbye London, Hello Mongolia!

Now that I know where to get heroin in London it's time to get the show on the road. London has been great. I got to hang out with my friends once again. Melissa was here for a week on her way back from India. I ran into Eunoo on a bridge here. We met in Calcutta and she met a nice British boy on her travels which is why she is here. Li is here studying...and falling a half day behind on her readings every time I meet her. There have been concerts and dance classes. There was the doped up hippie lady who tried to teach a bunch of us ALL the bellydancing moves all at once.I even learned what I believe to be a drag queen routine in one of the classes. Those moves will soon be unleashed on a group of unsuspecting travellers in Asia I have yet to meet. Hilda and I had an opportunity to learn more about each other. Mostly she learned I was a really, really lazy person who liked to sleep in until 1 or 2 and I learned she has this dillusion that her hair is black and not dark brown.

Alas, my time here is up and my backpack beckons once again. My next destination will be Mongolia. Land of yaks, horses and two-humped Bactrian camels. Apparently the landing strip in Ulaanbaatar is sloped and makes landing a one shot deal. Lets hope there are burly Mongolian horsemen on standby in case the plane skids a little and lands in a field. I look forward to the lack of vegetables and the abundance of yak products (cookies, fermented yak beverages, tea with yak milk, yak barbecue). There's also still a chance to catch the bubonic plague whilst preparing a goat for the spit. The urban unemployment rate is at 30% which will account for the increase in crime. I've done my research (which has consisted mostly of reading the Lonely Planet) so that I won't be surprised if my non-existent bike is stolen....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry-- the plague is no biggie. My stepmother had it, as you know.

Have fun!

Wed Aug 02, 04:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home