Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Demons are Inside my Head

Temperatures dropped and two layers of socks are no longer enough to keep my runningshoe clad feet warm.

A first: a crazy western woman with sky blue eyes sitting on the street proclaiming "the demons are inside my head. Will you save me? Please protect me." Her hands clasping her head, her body rocking back and forth on the cold pavement.

A jeep winding down to a warmer elevation away from the saffron & wine robed Tibetan monks that wander the hills and a sleeper berth to Kolkata tonight.

Chowk bazaar where the locals shop for groceries and I found a great local restaurant in an alley tucked away from the street between stalls.
The main jeep stand downtown.
My hotel is right behind the yellow building on the right. The hill leading up to it seems steeper every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home