Monday, January 30, 2006

Delhi: A City on Fire

Hasina on my first morning in Delhi.


This crow is lovingly refered to as the "asshole" because it woke us up early on the weekend.


This would be the shower. There is a shower head but it trickles and it feels like someone's peeing on you (hence I use the bucket).

The balcony across.

The view across from our balcony in Defense Colony.

A ride in an auto-taxi.

I will keep a picture diary of all the bathrooms I use. This would be the first one. Not bad. It was at a beautiful villa turned restaurant called Olive.

Anushka Shankar. Ravi Shankar's daughter with a friend at Olive having brunch.

Hasina enjoying the prawns.

Monica and Susan

Barbecued Prawns. Mmmh.

Hasina and Susan

Doll at the Dilli Hat market.


Kebabs...chicken only. Beef is hard to find in India because the cow is a sacred animal. ...I don't think McDonald's serves it either in this country.

Tombs at Lodi Gardens

2 Comments:

Blogger Communist Haberdasher said...

No beef! What will my vaGina do???

Tue Jan 31, 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger LOTC said...

Mutton is the name of the game around here. I will have to get a red meat fix in the Middle East.

Wed Feb 01, 07:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home