Sunday, September 28, 2008

My New Love: El Rey

I think I may have discovered a new king to add to the list of musical talents I love. Move over King of Romance, there´s a new mustache in town, Vincente Fernandez.

Central America has been gripped by Estos Celos fever. The last few weeks the song has been on every radio station and played in every local cantina in town. It´s a great heart-wrenching ranchera lovesong, trumpets and all.

The man does have a striking resemblance to someone else though.... Someone from long, long ago...
It took a bit of internet research to figure it out and while I was online I discovered a great little book this hunking piece of 70s machismo wrote back in the day. First I must find a computer that will let me download some software but here´s the backcover as a teaser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home